Many communities have adopted some form of rental housing regulation, and many more are rushing to implement ordinances in response to the boom in short-term rental markets. Understanding the implications of these regulations will help you to help your clients.
Rental Housing Restriction White Paper
State, Local, and Community Resources
- Brochure: Short-Term Rentals: Working in the Sharing Economy This brochure is a guide for members and local associations to utilize when regulations arise and provides best practices that have worked in other communities.
- Community outreach
- State & local issues
- Contact your state or local association for developments in your area.
- Land Use Initiative, Memo Database and Growth Management Factbook
- Rental Housing Restrictions White Paper Section 10.6: Propose Best Practices Rental Regulations as Alternatives
News Releases and Articles
- Fine Balance Needed between Property Rights, Regulation of Short-term Rentals
- How your neighbor’s Airbnb rental can affect your property values
- Airbnb Adopts Rules to Fight Discrimination by Its Hosts
- Arizona Passes S.B. 1350 Prohibiting the Ban of Short-Term Rentals
Investment & Vacation Home Buyers Survey
Non-members can purchase the survey reports in the REALTOR® Store.
The report costs $149.95