REALTORS® Confidence Index
Download (PDF: 3 MB)
The REALTORS® Confidence Index (RCI) survey gathers on-the-ground information from REALTORS® based on their real estate transactions in the month. This report presents key results about market transactions.
- Demand continues to outpace supply. Properties typically stayed on the market for 17 days (17 days in the prior month, 22 days one year ago).
- In a highly competitive market, the share of first-time buyers decreased in August to 29% (30% in the prior month, 33% one year ago).
- A higher fraction of buyers paid all-cash compared to one year ago, at 22% (23% in the prior month, 18% one year ago).
- The pandemic continues to impact how people live and work. Fifty-nine percent reported they had buyers looking for homes that will enable the buyer to work from home (room, den, larger square footage).
- A higher share of buyers, at 88%, purchased a property in a suburban, small town, rural, or resort area (86% in the prior month and one year ago).
Note: the REALTOR® Confidence Index is provided by NAR solely for use as a reference. Resale of any part of this data is prohibited without NAR's prior written consent.