Based on a random sampling of NAR’s membership, the Member Profile strives to answer the question: Who are REALTORS®? It looks at a variety of economic and demographic characteristics, and business practices.
Download (PDF 1.5MB)
- The typical REALTOR® has 10 years of experience.
- In 2016, the typical agent had 12 transactions, which is up from 11 transactions in 2015.
- Most REALTORS® worked 40 hours per week in 2016, a trend that has continued for several years.
- Sixty-three percent of all REALTORS® are female.
- The majority of REALTORS®—82 percent—own their primary residence.
- Eighty-two percent of REALTORS® are very certain they will remain active as a real estate professional for two more years.