New Cyber Liability Insurance Member Benefit
NAR Member Exclusive! REALTOR®-owned brokerages have access to premium discounts and customized cyber liability insurance coverage, designed to meet the unique needs of real estate professionals, with support to help quickly restore your business if cyberattack or fraud occurs.
Who: Through CyberPolicy® members can compare, quote, and buy cyber liability insurance from select first-class carriers through an entirely paperless quoting and binding process. CyberPolicy partnered with NAR to create a customized and comprehensive cyber liability insurance program for REALTOR®-owned brokerages.
Why: Malware, hacks, and data loss are very real threats in the real estate industry where high value transactions and sensitive customer information are a prime target for hackers.
What: NAR members have access to a customized cyber liability insurance program designed specifically for REALTOR®-owned brokerages. Receive premium discounts, higher coverage limits for third-party client phishing fraud, no retroactive date, and more. Get support to help quickly restore your business should cyberattack or fraud occur. See below for an overview of exclusive member benefits and program features.
How: Begin the process online at cyberpolicy.com/nar or call CyberPolicy at 855-961-0069 for a personal consultation and to review full coverage details. Be sure to mention your NAR membership.
When you complete the quote process online, you will receive a quote or will be guided to contact CyberPolicy to complete the application process. CyberPolicy representatives will also respond via phone and email to discuss policy options.
Enhanced Coverage & Premium Discounts
- Premium discounts — member exclusive
- Higher coverage limits than traditional cyber liability policies, up to $250k third-party/client phishing fraud — member exclusive
- In the situation a hacker impersonating a broker or agent, setting up fake email account to mimic the broker/agent, and sending false wiring instructions to the buyer the insurance will cover reimbursement of the client’s losses due to client phishing fraud.
- Depending on the policy you select, securing this coverage may require two-factor authentication
- Includes independent contractors: agents working under your brokerage are automatically insured
- Coverage in violation allegations of CAN-SPAM and Telephone Consumer Protection Act (“Do Not Call/Text”)
- No retroactive date
- Viruses or malicious code could be inactive for months before causing actual damage. In policies with a retroactive date, coverage has been denied where it was proven that a piece of malware infected a computer system months before the retroactive date, even though the malware was activated and caused damage which the insured discovered during the policy period.
Contact CyberPolicy for complete program details.
The cyber liability insurance plans offer protection for your real estate business from potentially devastating losses incurred in the event of a cyber attack or fraud. In the event a breach occurs, carriers will work with you to restore operations and get you back to business.
In the first 24-48 hours:
- Legal support to provide you through the breach
- IT forensics specialists to analyze the attack
- Data recovery experts to restore data
In the next few months:
- PR specialists to salvage your professional reputation
- Recoup lost income if your operations are interrupted
- Credit monitoring for your impacted customers
- Ongoing legal defense and payments for legal fees
- Reimbursements for lawsuits, settlements and fines
- Receive cybersecurity plan to prevent future hacks
CyberPolicy serves as Managing General Agency, quoting and binding coverage for select carriers via its proprietary digital platform. It is a subsidiary of CoverHound, founded in 2010 and backed by Chubb, American Family Ventures, RRE Ventures, Blumberg Capital.
This program is available to REALTORS® residing in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia. The program is not available in Puerto Rico, the US Virgin Islands and Guam. Those with title or escrow business ineligible. Program availability and eligibility requirements may vary. See partner website for details, terms and conditions.