When it comes to remodeling their house, homeowners may want projects that will give them the most bang for their buck or the greatest return on investment. If recouping the largest percentage of cost is a top priority, then read on for a few projects it might be best to avoid.
According to Remodeling Magazine’s Cost vs. Value Report, the top five home projects offering the lowest returns at resale are:
- Replacing a front door with a fiberglass one – 56 percent of cost.
- Bathroom addition – 51 percent.
- Backup power generator – 47 percent.
- Sunroom addition – 45 percent.
- Home office remodel – 43 percent.
A Home to Call Your Own… Remodeling projects aren’t always financially motivated. Talk to a REALTOR® about common remodeling projects their clients undertake and why. Talk to homeowners about how important creating a space that feels like home is to their families. Curious about the top five home projects that offer the highest returns at resale? Find out now at http://retradio.com/?cat=396