- Assists in the identification and development of effective committees and committee leadership.
- Facilitates communications among the Leadership Team, chairs, vice chairs, directors, members, and others.
- Assists chair and vice chair in following established procedures and guidelines.
Responsibilities of the Committee Liaison
- Understands the priorities of the Leadership Team (LT) and communicates them to committee leadership.
- Becomes the front-line for leadership.
- Learns and understands the issues of the committees.
- Mentors chairs.
- Ensures that committees are properly briefed prior to taking on their new role.
- Monitors committees' priorities and ensures that they are satisfied.
- Ensures that each committee has clear, identifiable goals (outcomes).
- Ensures that major strategies are in place to achieve such goals and that senior staff and committee chairs are committed to achieving such goals.
- Evaluates committees' progress against goals throughout the year in order to ensure effectiveness.
- Manages committee issues and avoids conflicts between similar committees discussing similar issues.
- Communicates with committee leadership - especially in procedural activities and in carrying messages to and from the LT and the committees.
- Communicates with senior staff in order to update or alert them to an issue or concern.
- Ensures that committee members have a meaningful experience as committee members and as individuals.
- Identifies future leadership.