Who has the most power and influence in the residential real estate market? T3 Sixty, a consulting and research firm for the real estate industry, released its annual rankings.
The Swanepoel Power 200, named for T3 Sixty Chairman and CEO Stefan Swanepoel, includes REALTOR® association leaders, brokerages, MLS executives, innovators, and executives across the industry. Judges rank leaders based on the office they hold, the decision-making power associated with their role, the financial resources at their disposal, their organization’s significance in the industry and geographic reach, their personal influence in the industry, tenure, and more.
The following real estate leaders topped the 2022 rankings of the SP200:
- Gary Keller, co-founder and executive chairman of kwx
- Glenn Sanford, founder and CEO of eXp World Holdings
- Ryan Schneider, president and CEO of Realogy Holdings Corp.
- Gino Blefari, president and CEO of HomeServices of America
- Robert Reffkin, co-founder and CEO of Compass
- Richard Barton, co-founder and CEO of Zillow Group
- Eric Wu, co-founder and CEO of Opendoor
- Glenn Kelman, president and CEO of Redfin
- Adam Contos, CEO of RE/MAX
- Howard “Hoddy” Hanna III, Helen Hanna Casey, & Howard “Hoby” Hanna IV, company leaders of Howard Hanna Real Estate
- Bob Goldberg, CEO of the National Association of REALTORS®
- M. Ryan Gorman, president and CEO of Coldwell Banker
- Philip “Phil” Soper, president and CEO of Bridgemarq Real Estate Services
- Susan Yannaccone, president and CEO of Realogy Franchise Group
- Andrew “Andy” Florance, founder and CEO of CoStar Group
- OB Jacobi, Jill Jacobi Wood, and Geoff Wood, managing partners of Windermere Real Estate
- Jeremy Wacksman, chief operating officer of Zillow Group
- Kuba Jewgieniew, founder and CEO of Realty One Group
- Howard Lorber, CEO of Douglas Elliman
- Matt Widdows, founder and chairman of HomeSmart
Several NAR leaders along with Goldberg also made this year’s list, including Katherine “Katie” Johnson (#44), NAR’s general counsel and chief member experience officer; Leslie Rouda Smith (#51), NAR’s 2022 president; Shannon McGahn (#53), NAR’s chief advocacy officer; Lawrence Yun (#104), NAR’s chief economist; and Mark Birschbach (#118), a senior vice president who manages NAR’s venture capital division Second Century Ventures.
To view the 200 real estate leaders who made this year’s list and to read their bios, visit SP200.com.