Twice a year, the MLS Technology and Emerging Issues Advisory Board of the National Association of REALTORS® convenes to consider major issues confronting multiple listing services. The board’s next meeting, scheduled for April 11 and 12 in Chicago, will help determine recommendations for the Multiple Listing Issues and Policies Committee when it meets at the 2019 Legislative Meetings & Trade Expo in Washington, D.C., in May.
Here are the key issues the advisory board will discuss:
- Predictive analytics
- iBuying platforms and services
- MLS public portals and data sharing
- Combining IDX and VOW display rules into a single comprehensive policy
- MLS data feeds for back office use to create tools and reports
- MLS fees, dues, and charges assessed to brokers and licensees who do not hold local REALTORS® membership
- “MLSs of the Future”—where should we be in five years and what can we do to help us get there?
We welcome your thoughts about these technology priorities and others facing MLSs. Please leave a comment below to join the conversation, or send questions and/or other feedback about the topics to MLS@realtors.org.