Twice a year, NAR’s MLS Technology and Emerging Issues Advisory Board gets together to consider major issues confronting MLSs. Their next meeting, scheduled for March 8 and 9 in Chicago, will help determine whether the advisory board should recommend action to the Multiple Listing Issues and Policies Committee when it meets at the 2018 Legislative Meetings & Trade Expo in Washington D.C. this spring.
Here’s what the advisory group will be discussing this month:
- Data privacy and a concept known as “right to be forgotten”
- The current and future roles of artificial intelligence and cryptocurrency in real estate
- The upcoming July 1 deadline to implement local changes for MLS Policy Statements 7.42 and 7.43, also known as MLS of choice, which will establish a waiver for subscription fees for qualifying licensees
- Possible changes in MLS policy to create a waiver of commercial information exchange subscription fees, similar to MLS of choice for residential practitioners referenced above
- A new NAR video series about SEO fundamentals featuring Rand Fishkin
We’d love to hear what you think about these technology issues and others facing MLSs. Please leave a comment below to join the conversation, or send questions and comments about the topics to MLS@realtors.org.