Since 1908, U.S. real estate professionals have had a national gathering to connect, conduct the business of the association, and honor the best in the industry. Perhaps no event has been quite as anticipated as the 2021 REALTORS® Conference & Expo.
More than 10,000 REALTORS® and guests are gathering for this year’s event, which bears the theme “Rise & Shine: Celebrating You and Everything You Do.” What’s there to celebrate? How about REALTORS®’ tireless client advocacy and industry commitment as they navigated a red-hot market in a locked-down world?
“We are hearing so much positivity and excitement to get back together for an in-person conference. The past two years have been rough, both with the pandemic and the stress of the real estate market. Our members are looking forward to coming together for rejuvenation, education, motivation, and networking,” says NAR Conference & Expo Co-Chair Beckwith Bolle.
“San Diego is the perfect location to shine together, as we conduct the important business of NAR and celebrate what it means to be a REALTOR®,” says Bolle’s co-chair, Doug Sager.
Special celebratory events include:
- The Inaugural Gala (Thursday, Nov. 11, 6:30–10p.m. PT), featuring the installation of your incoming NAR Leadership Team, including 2022 President Leslie Rouda Smith of Plano, Texas.
- Opening Reception at Petco Park (Friday, Nov.12, 6–9 p.m. PT), free for all Premier Access attendees, sponsored by Realtor.com.
- The Young Professionals Networking Reception (Friday, Nov. 12, 6–9 p.m. PT, ticketed), sponsored by Century 21, featuring recognition of the five Networks of the Year.
- General Session, featuring football great Drew Brees, sponsored by ABR.
- REALTORS® Good Neighbor Awards Dinner (Saturday, Nov. 13, 6:30–10 p.m. PT, ticketed), honoring REALTORS®’ The Good Neighbor Awards are sponsored by Realtor.com, Chase Home Mortgage, and the Center for REALTOR® Development.
- International Night Out (Saturday, Nov. 13, 8 p.m.–1 a.m. PT, ticketed) featuring an awards ceremony, live music, and dancing.
While dazzling events and networking opportunities are highlights for many attendees, most REALTORS® also come ready to work and learn. The 2021 conference will feature more than 100 speakers covering topics ranging from post-pandemc business operations to strategies for handling persistently low inventory.
And whether you’re involved in NAR committees or not, many committee meetings are open to guests, giving you a seat at important industry discussions and debates. Virtual attendees can observe meetings using the Meeting Play platform. Learn which meetings are open to guests at conference.realtor/schedule.
Meet Us on the Expo Floor
Conference organizers have built a show where you can easily come together with friends old and new. You’ll find dedicated networking space on the expo floor at the San Diego Convention Center and networking sessions by topic in the daily schedule. And no doubt REALTORS® will continue to participate in the long-honored tradition of “LobbyCon,” meeting in their hotel’s lobby or bar at all hours for connection and camaraderie.
For Sager, the moments of togetherness aren’t just what make the conference special—they’re also vital to keeping REALTORS® motivated and successful. “We literally thrive, both financially and holistically, on personal contact in our profession,” Sager says, “so this event speaks to our core. It’s like going to your first rock concert; the energy and anticipation in the air are potent.”
Look for more than 250 new and long-time favorite exhibitors on the expo floor, where you can learn about new tools and take advantage of exclusive discounts. The focal point is the all-new “Town Square” featuring the Town Square Theater, as well as:
- Recharge stations sponsored by NAR’s Consumer Ad Campaign, “That’s Who We R.”
- Game Zone sponsored by REALTORS® Information Network.
- Golf Simulator and Putting Challenge sponsored by Rapid Mold Removal, featuring daily competitions for straightest drive, longest drive, and closest to the pin.
- Friday Break: craft beer floats made with locally brewed Abnormal Coffee Stout and vanilla ice cream. Saturday Break: freshly made margaritas made with Topo Chico and topped with Tajin, both sponsored by SEI/Navica MLS (pick up tickets at the SEI/Navica booth each day).
While you’re at the Town Square, snap a photo at the REALTOR® Magazine cover star booth, visit with Real Estate Today radio, order audio of sessions at the Playback Now booth, and meet this year’s Good Neighbor Award winners.
Also new to the expo floor in 2021 is the Sustainability Corner, highlighting the sustainable technologies shaping the future of real estate. Learn about new methods and materials being used in high-performance home design.
While you’re exploring, play the REALTORS® Expo Cash In & Win! game for one of five chances to win $1,000. Submit stamped entries at the Liberty Mutual Insurance booth at least 30 minutes before each day’s drawing. Also, enter the Grand Prize Drawing for a chance to win the Trip of a Lifetime, sponsored by Homes.com and Homesnap (entry form is in the conference tote bag). And check out the REALTORS® Relief Foundation Wall, sponsored by Wells Fargo.
The REALTORS® Conference & Expo is the “me time” you need to set the stage for a successful 2022. Enjoy the show!