License Agreement for Use of MLS Service Mark by Member Board*
THIS AGREEMENT made and entered into by and between the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® (hereinafter the “Association”) and the:
Name of Association
City State Zip
(hereinafter the “board”)
WHEREAS, the Association has coined and is the owner of the Mark shown here (hereinafter “Mark”), and of the REALTOR® and of the “R and Design” marks, which form a part thereof:
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual covenants contained herein, the Association grants a license to the board for use of the Mark on the following terms and conditions:
- That said license shall give the board the right to use the Mark in connection with the board’s multiple listing service on a royalty-free basis only for so long as:
(a) the board shall remain a member in good standing of the Association;
(b) the board shall maintain and operate its multiple listing service in accordance with the MLS Antitrust Compliance Policy of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®, it being understood that the policy of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® at all times means the policy as from time to time amended, including any and all supplements thereto which may hereafter, from time to time, be promulgated;
(c) the multiple listing service in connection with which the Mark is used by the board is wholly owned and operated by the board.
- The board shall at all times present and use the Mark only exactly as shown herein, and shall at all times utilize the federal registration symbol “®” in connection therewith at the location shown herein.
- The board shall use the Mark only on stationery, printed forms, and on the advertisements relating to its multiple listing service, and not on any lapel pins or other types of jewelry.
- This License Agreement shall terminate automatically upon the board ceasing to become a member in good standing of the Association or upon the board’s failure to fully comply with all terms and conditions contained herein.
- The board expressly agrees that if at any time the board ceases to be a member in good standing of the Association, or if the board’s multiple listing service ceases to be wholly owned and operated by the board, the board will immediately take all steps necessary to remove the Mark from any and all materials wherein the Mark is used in connection with the multiple listing service, including, but not limited to stationery, printed forms, advertisements, signs, and the like.
Name of Association
____________________ By: ____________________
____________________ By: ____________________ (NAR)
*Approved by Board of Directors, NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®, February 5, 1974, revised November 2004.