The life-changing volunteer work of the 2010 Good Neighbor Award winners began with a personal belief they could make a real and noticeable difference in this world.
As overwhelming as a social issue may seem, these REALTORS® made the choice to tackle the problem head on. The Good Neighbors’ charitable efforts take many forms, from fund-raising to feeding the hungry. But in every case, their hard work and passion for their cause comes from the heart.
They are leaders for their organizations and for their communities because they’re the ones who can be counted on when the need is greatest. In a year that has been tough on nearly everyone in the real estate industry, these winners still spent an average of 30 hours per week helping others, for a combined total of about 8,000 hours in the past year. Their stories of extraordinary commitment to community service are an inspiration to us all.
The 2010 Good Neighbor Award Winners:
- Cathie McGregor Critchlow gives women the strength they need to conquer addiction.
- James T. Elcock distributes meals to the hungry and disaster-stricken, locally and abroad.
- Pam Kidd & Keri Kidd Cannon care for orphans and families in Zimbabwe.
- Dave Philp raises millions of dollars to bring top-notch health care to his community.
- Wendy & John Rocca ensure that no soldier walks away from mail call empty-handed.