International REALTOR® Membership
Members of NAR cooperating associations throughout the world can join NAR and take advantage of the power of a million-plus member organization and gain exposure. In an industry where relationships are key to business success, organizational membership helps you stand out among the immense number of professionals.
Applicants for International REALTOR® membership must meet the following requirements:
- Be a member of the Cooperating Association in a country with which NAR has a bilateral cooperation agreement (if you do not belong to a cooperating association, you may still join under a special subscriber category).
- Pay annual membership dues to become a member of the National Association of REALTORS®.
- Consent to the use by NAR of any information prepared or sponsored by NAR, including but not limited to print or electronic directories. Members agree that such use by NAR shall not constitute a violation of any privacy right established by local, state, federal or international law.
- Understand that NAR reserves the right not to renew International REALTOR® membership.
- New Members pay US $100 dues for the first year of membership
- Existing International REALTORS® pay $75 dues to renew their membership.
- REALTOR® University online class discounts - online continuing education courses, including those for NAR’s most popular certifications and designations.
- REALTOR Team Store® discounts – discounts on clothing, apparel and accessories featuring the REALTOR® “R” logo.
- REALTORS Property Resource® (RPR®) – access to a proprietary database of all 165 million property parcels in the United States. It includes features such as “analyze a property for investment,” and gives international members exclusive access to the members-only database.
- Find a REALTOR® Directory – your name and contact information is entered into the online directory on nar.realtor so potential clients and referral partners can find you, and you can find them.
- IRM Referral Contract Form – define the terms and conditions of an international real estate referral, created specifically for our International REALTOR® members.
- Consumer Awareness web page – share the content on this web page with consumers in your area so they understand what it means to be a REALTOR®, and why they should use a REALTOR® when buying and selling property, especially overseas.
- Press release - a sample press release that can be customized to announce your involvement and membership in NAR.
- Web site “badge” – a .jpg graphic to place on your web page and social media accounts so all visitors to your sites know your status as an International REALTOR®, and can click the link for more information on what it means.
- REALTORS® Conference & Expo – International REALTORS® get a US$100 discount on full conference registration, an invitation to a free welcome reception, participation in country networking hours, and exhibit opportunities.
- REALTOR® Logo and Trademark - as an International REALTOR® Member, you are authorized to use the logo and trademark, adhering to the guidelines for its use.
- Downloadable Member Card – print your own membership card and download the Member Guide app.
- International REALTOR® Browser Toolbar – A toolbar you can download and install on your Internet browser to have all of the International REALTOR® tools and resources you need, right at your fingertips.
- Social Media Tools - take advantage of the networking opportunities and up-to-date information offered on NAR’s International REALTOR® Member Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter pages. Also, be sure to subscribe to NAR's Global blog, The Global View.
- Research – the latest housing reports from U.S. housing markets and industry statistics, including reports that are specific to international real estate.
- eBooks – Check out audiobooks, videos, and Adobe and Mobipocket eBooks from NAR’s virtual library eBooks collection. With OverDrive Media Console for Mac, OverDrive MP3 audiobooks can also be downloaded and enjoyed on Macs and other Apple devices. The eBooks library includes publications in Chinese, Spanish, Portuguese, and more. There are also books to help you learn those languages.
- NAR Library - NAR’s is the largest real estate library in the world, offering members quick reference, fact-checking, custom research services, literature searches, custom bibliographies, digital book downloads, library materials loan, board history research, and user instruction. Customer service is available via email, live chat, Twitter, and Skype.
- EBSCO - Access, free of charge, EBSCO’s collection of industry-related journals, newspapers, and magazines.
- E-News Subscriptions - Subscribe to specialty e-newsletters from NAR. You can set your preferences to receive as many or as few as you’d like on your “My Account” page at nar.realtor.
- HouseLogic.com - This is a free source of real estate consumer information, great to send to your clients. The site is full of tools and resources to help buyers and sellers. International members also have access to REALTOR® Content Resource (RCR), the REALTORS® -only section on HouseLogic, containing ready-to-use articles to share with your clients in print, by e-mail, or as a Facebook or blog post. Utilizing this free content will help to demonstrate that you are a subject matter expert.
- REALTOR Benefits® Program Partners – your NAR membership entitles you to special rates and discounts with rental car partners such as Avis, Budget, and Hertz. You also receive discounts on technology tools from Dell and Lenovo.