Who is it for?
A CCIM (Certified Commercial Investment Member) is a recognized expert in the commercial and investment real estate industry. The designation process ensures that CCIMs are proficient not only in theory, but also in practice. This elite corps of CCIMs includes brokers, leasing professionals, investment counselors, asset managers, appraisers, corporate real estate executives, property managers, developers, institutional investors, commercial lenders, attorneys, bankers, and other allied professionals.
What You Gain
- Recognition of your expertise in the commercial and investment real estate industry
- Access to a network of 13,000 members across the U.S. and around the globe
- Exclusive discounts on CCIM education and benefits, including:
- Site to Do Business for Real Estate Professionals tools
- Tuition discounts
- CCIM.net email with Google G Suite
- Deal Share
- Find a CCIM
- Commercial Investment Real Estate magazine
- SelectLeaders CCIM Career Center
- CCIM Selected Real Estate Research
- Pre-designed Excel templates
- CCIM business forms
- Excel CCIM Financial Calculator
- NAR's REALTOR Benefits® Program
How to Earn It
- Core courses:
- Financial Analysis - CI 101
- Market Analysis – CI 102
- Negotiations training – 8 hours
- User Decision Analysis – CI 103
- Investment Analysis – CI 104
- Ethics – online course
- Two elective credits
- Elective courses
- Note: Elective credit may also be granted for certain professional designations and graduate courses.
- You have to have worked in the commercial real estate industry for at least two years
- You must submit a Portfolio of Qualifying Experience to demonstrate that you have commercial real estate experience and that you have fulfilled the volume requirements for the designation.
- Two-day Course Concepts Review (CCR)
- Six-hour Comprehensive Exam
- Applicants must score 70% or better to pass the exam.
- Your Portfolio of Qualifying Experience must be submitted before taking the exam.
- Member in good standing of the CCIM Institute
- Member in good standing of the National Association of REALTORS®
- Annual dues for CCIM Institute membership
- $650 for U.S. professionals
- $600 U.S. membership with government discount
- $420 for Canadian membership
- $195 International membership
- Cost of required courses
- Portfolio of Qualifying Experience
- $175 submission fee
- Comprehensive Exam and Course Concepts Review (CCR)
- $810 for the Course Concepts Review (CCR)
- $380 for the Comprehensive Exam
For more information, visit the CCIM website.