Rich in images, Instagram is a perfect platform for promoting the best aspects of properties, lifestyles, and communities.
Since Instagram is owned by Facebook, you can set up, run, and track advertising campaigns using very similar tools. However, you’ll need two different business profiles—one on Facebook and another on Instagram.
Fortunately, it’s easy to convert your personal Instagram profile into a business profile. You may prefer creating a new Instagram profile exclusively for business purposes, or different business profiles for different niche markets.
Precise Targeting Options
- Location – countries, states, provinces, cities, etc.
- Interests – based on apps used, accounts followed, etc.
- Demographics – including age, gender, languages, and more
- Custom audiences – using email and phone numbers for people you already know
- Lookalike audiences – find new people similar to existing customers
- Automated targeting – find new people similar to existing customers
5 Types of Ads
- Photos – single image, square or landscape format
- Videos – up to 60 seconds, square or landscape
- Carousel ads – up to 10 swipeable images
- Stories – full screen, vertical format
- Collection – can only be used with Instant Storefront
The most successful Instagram users post often and include lots of hashtags to help people find their content. (Instagram allows up to 30 hashtags per caption or comment.) Popular options for real estate professionals are often based on:
- Location – #[YourNeighborhood] #[YourCity] #Beachfront
- Industry – #RealEstate #relocation #[NameOfBusiness]
- Status – #JustListed #NewListing #ForSale #JustSold
- Home style – #MidcenturyModern #HighRiseCondo #RamblingRanch
- Other descriptors – #DreamHome #LuxuryLiving #OpenHouse
Learn more at business.instagram.com/advertising/.