NAR is committed to keeping the health and safety of our members a top priority. We are monitoring the CDC announcements and The Bahamas health authorities for government-imposed restrictions that apply to in-person events as well as U.S. international travel advisories to The Bahamas.
NAR’s Plan on Ensuring the Well-Being of All Attendees and Its Staff*
We’re committed to facilitating necessary measures that will ensure optimal health and sanitary conditions during the conference. Please see the current NAR event safety protocols in accordance with the CDC travel recommendations.
*Updates to these protocols will be promptly communicated and posted here as the event draws closer.
The Bahamas Travel Health Visa / International Travel & Entry Protocols
On August 23, 2021 the State Department and CDC upgraded the Bahamas travel advisory to Level 4: Do Not Travel, indicating a very high level of COVID-19 in the country*.
- CDC site: https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/covid-4/coronavirus-the-bahamas.
- State Dept site: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories/the-bahamas-travel-advisory.html.
As of August 6, 2021, all travelers to the Bahamas, regardless of vaccination status, must apply for a Bahamas Travel Health Visa and submit negative test results (either a Rapid Antigen Test or PCR) no more than 5 days prior to date of travel. Vaccinated travelers should also submit proof of vaccination.
- Learn how to apply for The Bahamas Travel Health Visa at https://travel.gov.bs/.
* The conference registration will open as planned and registration fees will be fully transferrable/refundable if NAR decides to move or cancel the conference as a result of high level of COVID-19 and subsequent travel advisories.
The Grand Hyatt Baha Mar Hotel
The Safety First, Wellbeing Always, Our Commitment to Care and Cleanliness program provides in-depth details on how the Hyatt hotels facilitate a safe and healthy environment on-site.
- CDC COVID-19 Key Information for Travelers to The Bahamas
- U.S. Department of State International Travel Advisory to The Bahamas
- U.S Embassy in The Bahamas: COVID-19 Information
- TSA’s Action in Response to COVID-19
COVID-19 Measures Taken by Major Airlines
See what major U.S. airlines are doing by visiting their websites: