Who is it for?
Certified Residential Specialist (CRS) is the highest credential awarded to residential sales agents, managers and brokers.
What You Gain
- Recognition as an expert in residential sales.
- Increased transactions, gross sales, and income
- Ability to join a local CRS chapter and participation in its events, educational offerings, and community service programs
- Customizable monthly news letter to send to your buyers and sellers
- CRS-to-CRS referrals and networking
How to Earn It
- Between 16 and 48 CRS course credits, depending on your number of transactions and gross sales
- 32 elective credits (none required if you have 150 transactions or average $1 million per year of experience, with a minimum of 40 transactions and have been licensed for a minimum of 10 years)
- Elective credits can also be awarded for other designations and certifications, a bachelor’s degree, and high production volume.
- U.S. CRS Designees
- A minimum of 25 transactions, with no time frame, or $8 million with a minimum of 10 transactions within two years
- Non-U.S. Designees
- There is no exam for this designation, however individual courses may require an exam for credit.
- Member in good standing of the Council of Residential Specialists
- Member in good standing of the National Association of REALTORS®
- Application fee
- Annual Dues
For more information, visit the CRS website.