By Melissa Dittmann Tracey, REALTOR® Magazine
Since 2000, the standard home for-sale was about 1,800 square feet – which mostly stayed steady for several years. But lately, the standard new home has swelled to 2,200 square feet, according to the National Association of Home Builders. Where is all of that extra space going? Bathrooms.
Builders are adding more bathrooms to homes, reports CNNMoney.
If buyers are putting so much more emphasis on bathrooms, you'd be wise to focus more on it in your staging too. Take a look at some of these photos below from Houzz to get inspiration for some simple, affordable ideas to stage bathrooms.
1. Try a luxurious, fluffy bath rug.
2. Add some fresh flowers, like a vase of hydrangeas, for some added color pop.
3. Show off some smart organization. You know, buyers will be peeking in the closets.
4. Set up like a spa: Fluffy folded towels with lotions on a cart.
5. Swap out for a framed mirror.
6. Try a slightly bolder shower curtain and tie it back to add more drama.
7. Bring in some bling: Silver accessories can add some shine, as long as your home owner is committed to keeping them sparkling.