Shades of gray, quartz finishes, and energy efficiency are all growing in popularity in kitchens and baths this year, according to a National Kitchen & Bath Association survey of 2013 design trends.
NKBA reports that home owners this year are spending, on average, $47,308 on making over their kitchens, and $18,538 in bathrooms.
Here are the top 10 trends emerging from this year’s report for kitchens and bathrooms:
1. Gray color schemes
2. Quartz finishes for counter surfaces
3. Transitional styles -- a blend of traditional and contemporary
4. White painted cabinetry in the kitchen
5. Glass blacksplashes
6. LED lighting
7. Touch-activated faucets
8. Satin-nickel finishes in kitchens
9. Ceramic or porcelain tile flooring
10. Undermount sinks in bathrooms