To assist associations of REALTORS® in helping their members meet the REALTORS® Code of Ethics Training requirement, the National Association of REALTORS® has developed the attached copyrighted training program. This program includes:
- Facilitator's Guide (DOC: 682 KB) Detailed information about using the course materials can be found in the "Facilitator's Guide General Instructions" of the opening pages. The Guide corresponds to, and is to be used with, the Participant's Guide and PowerPoint.
- Participant's Guide (DOC: 545 KB)
- PowerPoint Presentation (PPT: 4.41 MB)
- Optional Test (.DOC) and Answers (.DOC): The REALTORS® Code of Ethics training criteria do not require a test for "live" classroom courses.
- Commercial Case Studies: Designed specifically for commercial practitioners, use these commercial case studies in place of any case study in the training materials.
- Certificate of Completion: Sample ethics training certificates of completion to be customized by local associations.
Note Concerning Modification of Materials and Attribution
The materials offered on this page are copyrighted by and remain the property of the National Association of REALTORS®. Those utilizing materials from this collection are requested to provide attribution of ownership by including the National Association of REALTORS® copyright on any copies used locally. Note also that the materials offered here are to be used as-is and may not be modified (with the exception of formatting of the PowerPoint file for overhead projector display).
Presenters may supplement NAR’s works with additional training materials so long as those materials (1) are clearly identified with the author’s name, (2) are separated as addenda or supplements to NAR’s materials, and (3) are not offered or presented as NAR's materials.
The following information is referenced in the Facilitator's Guide and may be used to supplement the program materials.
- NAR's Code of Ethics
- The REALTOR®'s Code of Ethics - A Gift of Vision written by William D. North, can be found in NAR's Code of Ethics and Arbitration Manual.
- 1913 Code of Ethics (.DOC)
- Arbitration Guidelines (Suggested Factors for Consideration by a Hearing Panel in Arbitration) is also found in the Code of Ethics and Arbitration Manual of the National Association, to access click here
- Pathways to Professionalism
- REALTORS® Pledge of Performance and Service
- Win/Win Solution (.DOC)
- No Losers in Mediation (.DOC)
- Mediation brochure
For more information, go to Ethics Training Resources.