The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) has issued several other Requests for Information (RFIs) and extended the comment deadlines for a few previously issued RFIs.
The latest RFIs examine the agency’s adopted regulations, new rulemaking authorities, and inherited rulemaking authority, requesting feedback on such issues as amending existing agency rules or issuing new rules in accordance with its existing authority.
The CFPB has issued a number of other RFIs on separate agency practices that are all being used to assess the efficiency and effectiveness of the agency. Links to RFI comments and the due dates are as follows:
- Civil investigative demands (CIDs) - now due April 26, 2018
- Administration adjudications - now due May 7, 2018
- Enforcement proceedings - now due May 14, 2018
- Supervision - due May 21, 2018
- External engagements - due May 29, 2018
- Consumer complaint database - due June 4, 2018.
- Rulemaking processes - due June 7, 2018.
- Adopted Regulations and New Rulemaking - due June 19, 2018.
- Inherited Regulations and Inherited Rulemaking Authorities – due 90 days from publication in the Federal Register.
NAR will be submitting comments on the RFIs and encourage feedback from members wishing to weigh in on these important issues anonymously.
For more on the CFPB’s RFI efforts, including future requests, please visit this page on the CFPB website.