REALTORS® Confidence Index
Download (PDF: 1.39 MB)
The REALTORS® Confidence Index (RCI) survey gathers on-the-ground information from REALTORS® based on their real estate transactions in the month. This report presents key results about market transactions.
RCI Highlights December 2020
- Properties typically sold in 21 days.
- REALTORS® reported home tours were stable from the prior month, with an average of four in-person home tours. Every home sold had nearly four offers.
- On average, REALTORS® expect sales in the next three months to increase from last year’s sales level.
- The share of first-time buyers, 31% of existing home sales (31% one year ago), marginally decreased from the 32% recorded the prior month.
- The pandemic continues to impact how people live and work. Fifty-six percent of respondents reported they had a client who was looking for work-from-home features. Thirty-seven percent of respondents reported a higher share of clients who live in the city who want to purchase a home in the suburb or rural area compared to the share in January 2020.
Note: the REALTOR® Confidence Index is provided by NAR solely for use as a reference. Resale of any part of this data is prohibited without NAR's prior written consent.