For many REALTORS®, community involvement is an important part of your business. You make an active investment in the creation and maintenance of a vibrant, safe community you work within and are proud to call home. Your local Boys & Girls Club of America (BGCA) could use your support, and volunteering also has the added benefit of fulfilling the Community Outreach requirement for NAR’s Organizational Alignment Core Standards (specifically under “Investing in Your Community”).
Getting involved is as simple as making a phone call to your local Club to see how you, or your Association or firm can help. Visit the Boys & Girls Clubs of America website to learn more about volunteering and get contact information for your local Club.
Work with your local Club to determine how you can get involved as an individual member, or how your Association or firm can participate.
Below are some examples of how members and Associations are giving back to their communities through Boys & Girls Clubs:
Associations & Firms
- Plan a clean-up day – offer to paint the Club, provide landscaping services
- Sponsor a backpack drive to collect school supplies
- Plan a holiday-themed event, like "Cookies with Santa" or a Halloween party
- Host a career day to help teenagers learn how to dress for the job, how to interview, how to negotiate a salary, etc.
- Coach a sports league
- Volunteer as an after school tutor
- Host a career day for teens and their parents who may be interested in being a REALTOR® one day
Fulfill Core Standards
Local, state, and territorial associations of REALTORS®, as a condition of membership in the National Association of REALTORS®, must meet NAR’s Organizational Alignment Core Standards. By working with your local Club to arrange volunteer resources, your Association can fulfill the community outreach initiative of investing in your community. Learn more here.
Did you attend a Club as a kid?
There are more than 100,000 former Club members in the Boys & Girls Clubs' Alumni & Friends community. Join this powerful community and reconnect with Boys & Girls Clubs, fellow Club alumni and give back to the next generation.