Managing and protecting listing content is a paramount concern to real estate professionals and the multiple listing services in which they participate. In response to this concern, the National Association of REALTORS® offers these resources to help facilitate the understanding and implementation of proper listing content management.
The purpose of these resources is to assist brokers, agents, and multiple listing services in understanding the various assets they each control and how to secure and manage the contractual and intellectual property rights of the listing content.
- What listing content can be protected?
- Why manage and protect listing content?
- How to manage and protect listing content
- Flow of Rights and Building the Chain of Ownership
- How to Build a Chain of Ownership
- Related MLS Policy
- Understanding the Terminology
- Copyright Registration
- MLS Compilation Registration
- Sample Documents and Implementation Guides