The National Association of REALTORS®' MLS Technology and Emerging Issues Advisory Board will be getting together on August 20 and 21 in Chicago to consider several issues confronting MLSs. This meeting will help determine whether the advisory board should recommend action to the Multiple Listing Issues and Policies Committee when it meets at the 2018 REALTORS® Conference & Expo in Boston this November.
Here’s what the group will be discussing this month:
- The 2018 Reach® Accelerator Class
- Fair attribution practices in IDX, VOW, and syndication: This discussion will include a proposal that Redfin CEO Glenn Kelman made at NAR's May meetings calling for all displays of MLS data to link back to the listing broker’s website.
- “Coming soon” marketing and “office exclusive” listings
- The Council of MLS’ proposal to combine IDX and VOW polices into a single Listing Exchange Policy
- Feedback on the implementation of the changes to MLS Policy Statements 7.42 and 7.43, also known as “MLS of Choice”: We'll also examine a request made by the Georgia Multiple Listing Service to reconsider aspects of the policy given certain market circumstances.
- Section 2.3, known as the Right of Cooperation Broker in Presentation of Offer: Specifically, we'll look at revisions to parallel amendments to Standard of Practice 1-7 of the Code of Ethics, which require listing brokers to provide written affirmation about the submission of offers to the seller.
We’d love to hear what you think about these technology issues and others facing MLSs. Please leave a comment below to join the conversation, or send questions and comments about these topics to MLS@realtors.org.