Twice a year, the MLS Technology and Emerging Issues Advisory Board of the National Association of REALTORS® meets to consider major issues confronting multiple listing services. The board’s next meeting, scheduled for March 17 and 18, will help determine potential recommendations for the Multiple Listing Issues and Policies Committee when it convenes at the REALTOR® Legislative Meetings and Trade Expo in May.
Here are the key issues the Advisory Board will discuss:
- Venture capitalists in real estate.
- Clear Cooperation implementation, policy interpretation, and resources.
- Office-exclusive listings: review of existing policy.
- Update on the Northwest MLS rules changes from last year to disclose cooperative compensation and eliminating mandatory offers of compensation.
- Latest with RESO standards.
- RPR View as an option for data sharing as used by IRES and REColorado.
- Accessibility to MLS data feeds with a brokerage’s own listing information.
- Crafting MLS policy to meet NAR’s strategic priorities.
We welcome your thoughts about these technology priorities and others facing MLSs. Please leave a comment below to join the conversation.