Real estate giants are getting even bigger. In 2021, the nation’s largest real estate firms accounted for 61.2% of the total sales for the year, representing the largest year-over-year jump on record, according to the newly released 2022 Real Estate Almanac by T3 Sixty, a real estate consulting firm.
“The residential real estate industry has been consolidating at an accelerated clip over the past several years and this data shows just how significant it is,” says Paul Bishop, T3 Sixty’s economist and vice president of research.
T3 Sixty’s annual analysis tracks the largest real estate enterprises, franchise brands, and franchisees and ranks firms by sales volume, transaction sides, agent count, and year-over-year growth.
Here are a few highlights from the report.
The following are the five largest real estate companies by 2021 sales volume:
The following are the real estate companies that posted the largest percentage growth in sales volume from 2020 to 2021:
T3 Sixty annually researches the largest corporations in real estate by actual sales volume and by year-over-year percentage growth in sales volume. This year’s findings:
- Largest U.S. real estate enterprise: Realogy Holdings Corp., $737.6 billion in 2021 sales.
- Largest U.S. real estate franchise brand: Keller Williams Realty, $500.1 billion in 2021 sales.
- Largest U.S. real estate franchisee: RE/MAX Gold, representing Gold Nation, $16.8 billion in 2021 sales.
- Enterprise with the largest percentage change in sales volume: eXp World Holdings, $156.1 billion in 2021 sales, up 116.2 percent from 2020.
- Franchise brand with the largest percentage change in sales volume: Corcoran Group, $36.0 billion in 2021 sales, up 98.0 percent from 2020.
- Franchisee with the largest percentage change in sales volume: One Sotheby’s International Realty, $7.6 billion in 2021 sales, up 121.3 percent from 2020.