Who is it for?
Membership is selective and extended by invitation, although commercial real estate practitioners with 10 years of proven experience may apply.
To be invited, prospective members must be recognized, by their peers, clients and employers, for their outstanding professional achievement, impeccable judgment, and commitment to integrity in the field of real estate counseling.
The organization includes brokers, appraisers, land planners, accountants, attorneys, property developers and managers, bankers, real estate account executives, and members from other disciplines. Members are linked to one another by their commitment to integrity, competence, community, trust, and service, and they adhere to a strict Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Practice.
What You Gain
- Identification as a member of the most prestigious real estate professional organization
- Professional development through counselor education programs
- Opportunities to serve on one or more committees, including:
- The CRE® Foundation, which provides funding for a variety of worthy programs
- The CRE® Consulting Corps, a public service group which provides counseling services to governments, municipalities, educational institutions, and non-profit organizations
- Membership in a local CRE® chapter
- Networking with other members of this prestigious professional group
- Listing in the CRE® directory
- Access to the CRE® web site
- Subscriptions to the Real Estate Issues journal and the The Counselor newsletter
- The opportunity to give back to society and the profession by joining with others to achieve what a single individual cannot
Invitation to Membership
The membership invitation process begins with completion of a Request for Qualifications, which details an individual’s qualifications and experience in real estate and real estate counseling.
Following receipt of the Request for Qualifications, the organization solicits client and peer recommendations and arranges an interview with the prospective member.
Applicants must show that they:
- Provide valuable and meaningful real estate counseling services to their clients or employer
- Hold a senior position in their firm
- Are recognized for their excellence, knowledge, integrity, and judgment
- Have at least 10 years of experience in real estate, three of which are in counseling
- Meet all other basic membership guidelines
For more information, visit the CRE® website.