Who is it for?
The Smart Home certification is for real estate professionals who want to develop expertise in the technology, privacy issues, and best transition tactics involved in selling smart homes.
What You Gain
- Distinguish yourself as an expert in a growing real estate niche.
- Plug into the Smart Home technology community.
- Use pre-made toolkits available to you once you’re certified.
- Earn credit toward the Certified Residential Specialist (CRS) designation.
How to Earn It
Complete the following programs, for a total of 12 credit hours:
- Power Up on Smart Home Technologies live classroom course (8 credit hours)
- Smart Home Technologies for the Residential Specialist on-demand eLearning course (2 credit hours)
- Two hours of relevant webinar recordings (1 or 2 hours each)
- Smart Cities and Their Impact on Residential Real Estate
- Smart Marketing for Smart Home
- Taming the Smart Home
- Millennials: The Struggle Is Real
- Dance Like Everyone Is Watching: Why Content Matters
- Stop Making Excuses and Start Making Videos
- Get Social Smart: Honing Your Social Media Strategy
- Video Marketing: No More Vanilla
- Fair Housing and Technology: Making Smart Technology Sensitive
- Pass the exam at the end of each course with a 70% or better score
- Member in good standing of the National Association of REALTORS®
There is no application form to submit for this certification. Once you have completed all of the necessary course requirements, please email CRSHelp@crs.com so that we can review your Education History and process your certification.
- Online course
- $40 for members of the Residential Resource Council (RRC)
- $50 for RRC non-members
- Classroom course
- Cost varies depending on the sponsor
- $0 - $40 for RRC members
- $60 for RRC non-members
- Annual Dues
For more information, visit the Residential Resource Council website.