Who is it for?
A CCIM (Certified Commercial Investment Member) is a recognized expert in the commercial and investment real estate industry. The designation process ensures that CCIMs are proficient not only in theory, but also in practice. This elite corps of CCIMs includes brokers, leasing professionals, investment counselors, asset managers, appraisers, corporate real estate executives, property managers, developers, institutional investors, commercial lenders, attorneys, bankers, and other allied professionals.
What You Gain
- Recognition of your expertise in the commercial and investment real estate industry
- Access to a network of 13,000 members across the U.S. and around the globe
- Exclusive discounts on CCIM education and benefits, including:
- Designation Promotion (The Wall Street Journal, GlobeSt.com, and more)
- STDB (demographics, GIS, and more)
- Commercial Investment Real Estate magazine
- DealShare property marketing platform
How to Earn It
- Core courses:
- Financial Analysis - CI 101
- Market Analysis – CI 102
- Negotiations training – 8 hours
- User Decision Analysis – CI 103
- Investment Analysis – CI 104
- Ethics – online course
- Two elective credits
- Elective courses
- Note: Elective credit may also be granted for certain professional designations and graduate courses.
- You have to have worked in the commercial real estate industry for at least two years
- You must submit a Portfolio of Qualifying Experience to demonstrate that you have commercial real estate experience and that you have fulfilled the volume requirements for the designation.
- Two-day exam: Comprehensive Exam and Course Concepts Review (CCR)
- Applicants must score 70% or better to pass the exam.
- Your Portfolio of Qualifying Experience must be submitted before taking the exam.
- Member in good standing of the CCIM Institute
- Member in good standing of the National Association of REALTORS®
- Annual dues for CCIM Institute membership
- $650 for U.S. professionals
- $600 U.S. membership with government discount
- $420 for Canadian membership
- $195 International membership
- Cost of required courses
- Portfolio of Qualifying Experience
- $150 submission fee
- Comprehensive Exam and Course Concepts Review (CCR)
- $760 for the Course Concepts Review (CCR)
- $325 for the Comprehensive Exam
For more information, visit the CCIM website.