Code of Ethics Training Tips
These basics cover the logistics behind taking the online course for the Code of Ethics Training Requirement for REALTORS®:
1. Continuing education requirements: You will need to contact your state’s real estate licensing commission to determine whether or not the nar.realtor online Code of Ethics course meets your state's Continuing Education/Licensing requirements.
2. When you have completed the nar.realtor Code of Ethics course:
- You will find out immediately if you have passed.
- You will receive a certificate of completion within 24 hours.
- Your NRDS education record will be updated to reflect that you have successfully completed this cycle of NAR's required Code of Ethics training.
3. This course has been tested with a variety of web browsers. For best results, we recommend one of the following browsers at the specified version or higher:
- Google Chrome 18+ (Download)
- Mozilla Firefox 3.0+ (Download)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0+ (Download)
- Apple Safari 5.1.2+ (Download)
Please note: members may encounter some functionality issues with the courses using Safari on an iPad. A PC laptop, desktop, or Mac is recommended.
4. When registering for training, you will need to provide your first and last name or your NRDS number. If you do not know your NRDS number, you can find it:
- On your NAR Membership Card. It is the 8- or 9-digit number.
- On your REALTOR® Magazine label. It is the 8- or 9-digit number between the slashes, above your name.
- With your license number or email address.
Need more assistance? Contact Information Services at 800-874-6500.