NAR’s workplace culture is based on respect for coworkers and for NAR members. Employees work closely together to build an association that they can be proud to work for – and that members can be proud to join.
At NAR, we are a team of professionals dedicated to providing world-class service to the 1.3 million REALTORS® working in the United States and around the world. Each year, our members participate in the sale, lease, and management of billions of dollars in real estate. Their business is fast-paced and fast-changing. As in every industry, their value proposition is constantly being challenged by innovation. REALTORS® have to navigate one of the most dynamic industries in the world, and this requires a nimble association capable of anticipating their needs in the context of a changing environment.
We have two office locations, Chicago, IL and Washington, DC. Get more detailed information about our two locations.
Our Vision and Values
We expect our staff at NAR to perform and behave in ways that reflect the core values that enable us to serve our members and shape the real estate industry: Members First, Leading Change, Respect, Collaboration, and Communication.
Day to day, these values become real when staff:
- Perform exceptional quality work, regardless of complexity
- Value, recognize, and encourage contribution of others
- Demonstrate efficacy
- Presume integrity and competence in others and demonstrate the same in self
- Seek innovative ways to achieve results
We are committed to sustaining a constructive culture by integrating these values and behaviors into how we hire, evaluate, and reward our staff.
People become the focal point of the organization rather than things. There is a premium placed on building and strengthening relationships throughout the organization, regardless of position or department.
NAR's corporate culture is based on respect for coworkers and for NAR members. Employees work closely together to build an association that they can be proud to work for—and that members can be proud to join.
Life at NAR is:
- Rich in collaboration. We look for team players who are quick on their feet and able to adapt to an ever-changing climate—as member needs or the marketplace dictates.
- Filled with opportunity. We encourage professional growth and development and promote from within.
- Focused on our members. We're a nonprofit trade association, and our number one priority is our members—not the bottom line.
Each day at NAR is packed with personal gain and professional development. On a typical day, an employee may experience:
- A visit to our free gym. Join ongoing yoga and other fitness classes or work out on your own.
- Teamwork. Meet with colleagues to discuss how current events affect our members and what we can do to better serve their needs.
- Wellness program. Get your flu shot onsite or chat with a financial advisor.
- Lunch at a nearby restaurant. Stop in the nearby Billy Goat Tavern for a quick bite in either location.
- Training opportunities. Gain knowledge and new skills by taking one of our many online, work-at-your-own-pace training classes.
Are you ready to begin your journey with us? Check out our open jobs.