In July 2019, the NAR Health Insurance Survey was sent via email to a random sample of 57,990. It received 2,296 completed responses (with a total of 3,693 responses) and has a response rate of 3.95 percent. Here are the highlights of the survey, looking at health care coverage of NAR Members for 2019.
2019 Health Insurance Survey Highlights
Top 5 Sources of Primary Health Insurance
- Spouse's employer plan: 32%
- Medicare: 17%
- Full-time job (not real estate related): 9%
- State or Federal Health Insurance: 9%
- Insurance broker: 9%
The median cost of monthly premiums is $400. Fifteen percent pay between $500-$749, and 14% pay between $1000-$1,999 - the two largest monthly premium groups.
Thirty-one percent feel their monthly premiums are affordable enough. Fourteen percent feel their monthly premiums are far too expensive.
Thirty-one percent feel their deductible is affordable enough. Fourteen percent feel their deductible is far too expensive.
Top 5 Priorities Related to Health Care Coverage
- Affordable premiums
- Reasonable deductibles and co-pays
- Access to my preferred doctors
- No lifetime caps on health expenses
- Premiums that don't discriminate based on age