Member Safety Report
Download (PDF: 476.4 KB)
- 33% of REALTORS® experienced a situation that made them fear for their personal safety or safety of their personal information.
- The typical REALTOR® reported feeling unsafe less than once a year (54%) in terms of personal safety, but unsafe in terms of personal information every few months or more often (61%).
- 5% of REALTORS® said they had been a victim of a crime while working as a real estate professional.
- 44% of members choose to carry self-defense weapons.
- 35% of men and 49% of women carry a self-defense weapon or tool.
- 53% of members use a smartphone safety app to track whereabouts and alert colleagues in case of an emergency.