1. Have the discussion.
Be proactive, and offer assistance to clients and prospects who are considering retiring abroad. Reach out to them in several different ways (in person, via email, social media, etc.) and be ready to discuss their initial questions and provide follow up.
2. Do your research.
Based on the initial feedback received, do a little more digging into countries and topics of greatest interest. Bring back your preliminary findings, explaining you’d welcome the opportunity to introduce them to experts in your global network who can answer more questions and facilitate transactions.
3. Use your resources.
Leave specific details up to the experts in that market. Work the CIPS network to find a CIPS designee who can assist, including recommendations on immigration attorneys, tax specialists, etc. in that market. Use the CIPS Referral Form to solidify your referral arrangements.
Two Ways to Show Your Listings to the World
Don’t forget to take advantage of these free and discounted services:
- Realtor.com/international includes a Global Property Network that provides exposure to 16 leading international real estate sites in 72 countries—at no cost.
- ListHub Global lets you reach over 60 million buyers across 70 publishers and 40+ countries. CIPS designees can join the ListHub Global network at a discounted rate through their broker. For more details, visit listhub.com/listhub-global.html.
NAR Global Marketing Center
Don’t forget! Access ALL your CIPS benefits by logging into the NAR Global Marketing Center, including:
- Referral contract form
- Discounts on affiliations and advertising
- Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA affiliation)
- ListHub Global Discount - 10% off
- Advertising discounts in international publications
- Information resources
- Past issues of Global Perspectives
- NAR Research reports
- Webinar recordings
- Customizable marketing materials
- Business cards
- Digital marketing tools
- CIPS logos (and marketing guidelines)
- Flash banner ads
- CIPS “badge” for your website
- CIPS Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn cover photos
- Other tools
- PowerPoint template
- Sample press release
WHERE: Visit printingstorefront.com/narglobal
HOW: Use your NRDS ID number for the username AND password
QUESTIONS? firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-329-8320
Give clients a copy of the "Interested in Retiring to Another Country?" page, to help them research overseas retirement options.