The REALTOR® Emeritus program is a special membership status honoring those REALTORS® who have maintained their membership for 40 years or more. Emeritus members receive a certificate and pin to show their status, payment of National Association dues is waived for the remainder of their membership, and they are exempt from the Code of Ethics Training requirement.
Members may qualify for Emeritus status if they :
- Have held membership in the National Association as a REALTOR®, REALTOR-ASSOCIATE®, or both, for a cumulative period of forty (40) years; AND
- Have completed at least one (1) year of service* at the National level. The service qualification changed so that at least one (1) year of service at the National level only will be accepted for Emeritus status. Service at the state or local level will not be considered.
April 2, 2020 is the deadline to complete certification forms for REALTOR® Emeritus status for approval in May at our REALTORS® Legislative Meeting & Trade Expo held in Washington, D.C.
For more info, contact NAR’s Member Support at 800-874-6500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Application opens every year on January 15 until the April 2 deadline (for May approvals)
- Reopens June 15 until the October 2 deadline (for November approvals)
- NAR REALTOR® Emeritus Application (Login required: must be completed by applicant's local association)
- View the list of past REALTORS® Emeritus Recipients
- Search current and past Committee/Board of Directors Appointments
- Committee Appointment Process FAQs
Upon approval of an application for REALTOR® Emeritus by the Board of Directors of the National Association of REALTORS®, no further payment of dues to the National Association is necessary by the member association of which the REALTOR® Emeritus is a member. Please note that the dues waiver does not take effect until the dues year immediately following the Board of Directors’ approval. In addition, REALTOR® Emeritus Members are exempt from the Code of Ethics Training requirement.
A completed application is necessary to begin the approval process for REALTOR® Emeritus status, which must be completed by the candidate’s local association. Documentation substantiating the candidate’s forty (40) years of membership (and one (1) year of service, as applicable) must be attached to the application.
NAR Member Support
430 N. Michigan Ave.
Chicago, IL 60611
* "Service" is defined as serving as an officer, director, committee member, federal political coordinator, president’s liaison, or regional coordinator to a country with which NAR holds a reciprocal agreement.