REALTOR® Emeritus Status
A REALTOR® Member who has held membership in the National Association as a REALTOR®, REALTOR-ASSOCIATE®, or both, for a cumulative period of forty (40) years, is eligible for REALTOR® Emeritus status.
The REALTOR® Emeritus status eligibility requirements are:
- Forty (40) years of REALTOR® or REALTOR-ASSOCIATE® (or both) membership.
- Proof of one (1) year of service* at the National Association level.
* "Service" is defined as serving as an NAR officer, director, committee member, Federal Political Coordinator, Global Ambassador, or Global Coordinator to a country with which NAR holds a reciprocal agreement.
Application & Deadlines
(login required — must be completed by applicant's local association)
October 2, 2022, will be the deadline to complete online certification form for REALTOR® Emeritus status for approval in November 2022.
- Emeritus Award Process FAQs
- View the list of past REALTOR® Emeritus Recipients
- Search current and past NAR Committee/Board of Directors Appointments
- NAR Committee Appointment Process FAQs
Upon approval of an application for REALTOR® Emeritus status by the Board of Directors of the National Association of REALTORS®, no further payment of dues to the National Association is necessary by the member association of which the REALTOR® Emeritus is a member. Please note that the dues waiver does not take effect until the dues year immediately following the Board of Directors' approval. In addition, REALTOR® Emeritus Members are exempt from the Code of Ethics Training requirement.
A completed application is necessary to begin the approval process for REALTOR® Emeritus status, which must be completed by the candidate's local association. Documentation substantiating the candidate’s forty (40) years of membership and one (1) year of service at the National Association level must be attached to the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
NAR Member Support
430 N. Michigan Ave.
Chicago, IL 60611