Resources for Professional Standards Administrators
Resources useful to associations for handling ethics complaints and arbitration requests. These resources were developed primarily for association Professional Standards Administrators and for REALTORS® serving on PS tribunals.
- Considerations for Adopting Optional Provisions (DOC: 68 KB)
Resource to assist associations when considering and adopting optional provisions on pages i, ii, and iii of the Code of Ethics and Arbitration Manual.
- Ethics Enforcement Toolkit Sample Forms and Letters
A guide to the ethics complaint process.
- Time Frames and Best Practices for Processing Ethics Complaints and Arbitration Requests (DOC: 58 KB)
- Hearing Officers: Arbitration
Four options that may be adopted locally to supplement the arbitration hearing procedures established in the Code of Ethics and Arbitration Manual.
- Hearing Officers: Ethics
Four options that may be adopted locally to supplement the ethics hearing procedures established in the Code of Ethics and Arbitration Manual.
- Procuring Cause Arbitration Worksheet
This worksheet is for use at local association hearing panels when identifying relevant issues and facts in determining questions of entitlement to disputed funds.
- The Five E's of Due Process
The right of a private organization to discipline members and to conduct dispute resolution is conditioned by law on ensuring due process to all parties as recognized by the five elements explained in this article.
- Fast Track Supplement to CEAM
An optional fast track process for receipt, consideration, and resolution of ethics complaints is now available to associations interested in further expediting the processing of an ethics complaint.