Real estate leaders and brokerage executives are demonstrating a powerful influence on the housing market, as their impact extends to all corners of the country.
T3 Sixty, a real estate consulting firm, annually releases its Swanepoel Power 200, known as the SP 200, which ranks the residential real estate brokerage industry’s executives and leaders for their influence on the profession.
For 2023, Gino Blefari, president and CEO of HomeServices of America, was named the most powerful and influential person of the year. Blefari was credited for his “steadfast leadership” of HomeServices of America since 2019 and for keeping the “most profitable national real estate brokerage on a consistently profitable track.”
Gary Keller, the founder and executive chairman of Kwx, ranked number 2 on the SP 200 for 2023. Keller Williams Realty is the largest franchise brand by sales volume, transaction sides and agent count as well as the nation’s largest privately owned real estate company, T3 Sixty says.
The SP 200 ranks professionals by their achievements over the past 18 months, the size and reach of the companies they lead and their overall influence on the industry.
“These exceptional leaders have a few things in common: a keen eye for hiring talent and a diligent focus on sustainable growth,” says Stefan Swanepoel, executive chairman of T3 Sixty.
The top 10 on 2023’s SP 200 list are:
- Gino Blefari, president and CEO, HomeServices of America
- Gary Keller, founder and executive chairman, Kwx
- Glenn Sanford, founder and CEO, eXp World Holdings
- Ryan Schneider, CEO and president, Anywhere Real Estate
- Richard Barton, cofounder and CEO, Zillow Group
- Susan Yannaccone, president and CEO, Anywhere Brands
- Hoddy, Helen and Hoby Hanna, company leaders, Hanna Holdings
- Robert Reffkin, co-founder and CEO, Compass
- Andy Florance, founder and CEO, CoStar Group
- Phil Soper, president and CEO, Bridgemarq Real Estate Services
Several NAR Leaders Make the List
National Association of REALTORS® executives and leaders also scored several spots on the SP 200 for 2023, including:
- Bob Goldberg, NAR’s CEO (number 13)
- Katherine “Katie” Johnson, NAR’s general counsel and chief member experience officer (number 35)
- Kenny Parcell, NAR’s president (number 51)
- Shannon McGahn, NAR’s chief advocacy officer (number 55)
- Lawrence Yun, NAR’s chief economist (number 96)
- Mark Birschbach, NAR’s senior vice president for strategic business innovation and technology (number 116)
- Dave Garland, managing partner of Second Century Ventures (number 196)