At Home with Diversity® (AHWD)
To teach the At Home With Diversity® course, you must fulfill a number of educational requirements and have an "Intent to Hire" letter.
To sponsor the course, an organization must hold a license from the Center for REALTOR® Development.
Who is it for?
The course work for the At Home with Diversity® certification is designed to enable you to work successfully with and within a rapidly changing multicultural market. It will help you to learn diversity sensitivity, how it applies to U.S. fair housing laws in your business, and ways to develop professional guidelines for working with people in the increasingly multicultural real estate market.
What You Gain
- Knowledge of the subtleties of U.S. fair housing laws
- Ability to assess and understand attributes of diversity in local markets and their impact on the real estate industry
- An understanding of the basic competencies to earn the confidence of potential buyers and sellers, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, handicaps, familial status, or national origin
- Knowledge of how to build a business plan that minimizes risk and successfully services all types of clients
- Business etiquette for specific cultures
- An edge in expanding your business to include international clientele
- Elective credit towards the ABR®, CIPS, and (depending on your state) GRI designations, and as a task in the C2EX program
- Some states also give continuing education (CE) credit and GRI credit for this course
- At Home With Diversity® certification certificate of achievement
- Updated education records on nar.realtor and M1 directory listings
- Congratulatory letter from the National Association of REALTORS®
- Exclusive access to At Home With Diversity® marketing tools and resources
- Networking and referral opportunities in the official At Home With Diversity® Certification Holders Facebook group
How to Earn It
For REALTORS® in the U.S.
- The exam is required for the online course, and a few states require it for continuing education (CE) credit.
- Member in good standing of the National Association of REALTORS®
- The AHWD application fee, normally priced at $75 has been discounted to $40 to REALTORS® as a part of the Right Tools, Right Now Program. Take advantage now through December 31, 2022.
Online version of the course: $99.00
Classroom version of the course varies by course provider
One-time Application Fee
The AHWD application fee, normally priced at $75 has been discounted to $40 to REALTORS® as a part of the Right Tools, Right Now Program. Take advantage now through December 31, 2022.
For International REALTOR® Members
- Membership in good standing in a cooperating association outside the U.S. which is party to a Bilateral Cooperation Agreement with the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR).
- Online version of the course: $99.00
- Classroom version of the course varies by course provider
Cost/Maintaining Your AHWD Certification
- Once you've earned the AHWD certification, you will also be an International REALTOR® Member of NAR for the balance of that calendar year.
- Maintaining your NAR International REALTOR® Member membership with one yearly fee of USD $75 will keep all of your NAR designations and certifications active.
- Please note that if your International REALTOR® Member membership goes inactive, so will your AHWD certification.
- Questions? Email us at NARcredentials@nar.realtor.
- For more information, email email@example.com or 312-329-8393