The Society of Industrial and Office REALTORS® in March 2021 announced the winners of its 2020 Top Transactions Awards. The awards are presented to SIOR members who completed the largest sales and lease transactions around the world, ranked by dollar volume. This year, nearly 500 SIOR members reported more than 1,800 transactions totaling 117 million square feet and $10.7 billion in leases and sales in the industrial, investment, office, land, alternative assets, and redevelopment sectors. In total, 23 members won awards in 14 categories.
The top five transactions by dollar volume:
- A team from Colliers International arranged the $184 million sale of 5.5 million square feet of industrial space in multiple locations in South Carolina. They are Mark Erickson, SIOR, of Charleston, S.C.; Brockton Hall, SIOR, of Greenville, S.C.; Dave Mathews, SIOR, of Columbia, S.C.; Grant Miller, SIOR, of Charlotte, N.C.; Donald Moss, SIOR, of Charlotte, N.C.; Matthew Pickard, SIOR member associate, of Charleston, S.C.; Charles Salley, SIOR, of Columbia, S.C.; Garrett Scott, SIOR, of Spartanburg, S.C.; Robert Speir, SIOR, of Charlotte, N.C.
- Jill Rasmussen, SIOR, CCIM, of Davis Real Estate in Minneapolis, arranged the $160,663,000 sale of 438,690 square feet of office space in various Minnesota locations, winning awards for both the largest individual (nonmember-to-member) office transaction and the largest nonmember-to-member investment transaction.
- Kristopher Davis, SIOR, and Brett Price, SIOR, both of Newmark Levy Strange Beffort in Oklahoma City, arranged the $124,735,000 sale of 529,822 square feet on 34 acres of Oklahoma City office space, winning largest member-to-member office transaction.
- Kevin Higgins, SIOR, of CBRE in Las Vegas, arranged the $123,784,090 lease of 649,136 square feet of industrial space in North Las Vegas, winning the award for largest nonmember-to-member industrial transaction.
- Brockton Hall, SIOR, and Garrett Scott, SIOR, of Colliers International in Greenville, S.C., and Spartanburg, S.C., respectively, along with Mike Demperio, SIOR affiliate member with CRG/Clayco in Atlanta, arranged the $96,186,016 lease of 1,400,580 square feet of industrial space in Spartanburg, winning the award for the largest member-to-member affiliate transaction.
SIOR also recognized the top 50 office deals, top 50 industrial deals, top 10 office sales, top 10 office leases, top 10 office investment transactions, and top 10 industrial investment transactions. See all the winners.