Check out some important dates below to help you prepare to respond to the 2020 census survey.
- January 6-17, 2020: The U.S. Census Bureau is actively recruiting 500k census workers. For more information about census jobs, visit 2020census.gov/jobs.
- March 4, 2020 from 2 p.m. – 3 p.m. (EST): NAR will host a Census Webinar with U.S. Census Bureau for all NAR members to participate and learn more about the upcoming 2020 census. Register today!
- Mid-March 2020: The Census Bureau will be inviting households to participate in the 2020 census*, and households can begin completing the Census survey by mail, phone, or online at 2020census.gov.
- April 1, 2020: National Census Day! This is a nationally recognized day, and by this date every U.S. household will receive an invitation to participate in the 2020 census, and to respond by mail, phone, or online.
- June 30, 2020: Last day for households to respond to the census survey.
- December 2020: The Census Bureau is required by law to provide an apportionment count to the President and Congress.
*If someone from the Census Bureau visits your home for the 2020 census, you should verify their identity, by checking to see if they have their valid, and a non-expired ID badge with their photograph, a U.S. Department of Commerce watermark.
For additional questions regarding a Census Bureau employee’s identity or to report possible fraud or a scam, please call 1-800-923-8282.
For additional information about the 2020 census, please visit 2020census.gov.