MAY 6, 2022—Kevin M. Sears, AHWD, C2EX, of Springfield, Mass., has been elected 2023 first vice president of the National Association of REALTORS®. The election, which took place at the NAR board of directors meeting, puts Sears on the ladder to serve as NAR president in 2025.
Sears, a second-generation real estate professional, is a broker and partner with Sears Real Estate in Springfield. His service to NAR spans 20 years, including terms as regional vice president in 2016, vice president of government affairs in 2017, and president’s liaison in 2019. He was president of the Massachusetts Association of REALTORS® in 2010 and state REALTOR® of the Year in 2006.
As part of a consent agenda, directors also approved the ascension of 2022 First Vice President Tracy Kasper into the role of president-elect for 2023 and elected the 2023 regional vice presidents. President-elect Kenny Parcell automatically ascends to the presidency in 2023.
The 2023 Leadership Team and RVPs are:
- President Kenny Parcell, ABR, CRS, AHWD, C2EX, Salem, Utah
- President-Elect Tracy Kasper, CIPS, CRS, GRI, AHWD, SFR, C2EX, Eagle Idaho
- First Vice President Kevin Sears, AHWD, C2EX, of Springfield, Mass.
- Immediate Past President Leslie Rouda Smith, ABR, AHWD, CIPS, CRB, CRS, e-PRO, PMN, C2EX, Plano, Texas
- Treasurer Gregory J. Hrabcak, CCIM, C2EX
- CEO Bob Goldberg, EPRO
- Regional Vice Presidents
- Region 1: Joanne Breen, Newington, Conn.
- Region 2: Ilene Horowitz, Rockaway, N.J.
- Region 3: Gail Renulfi, Hockessin, Del.
- Region 4: Amy Hedgecock, High Point, N.C.
- Region 5: Eric Sain, Palm Beach Gardens, Fla.
- Region 6: Gary Reggish, Novi, Mich.
- Region 7: Ed Neaves, Bloomington, Ill.
- Region 8: Patty Zuzek, Burnsville, Minn.
- Region 9: Steve LaRue, Lawrence, Kan.
- Region 10: Cindi Bulla, Amarillo, Texas
- Region 11: Kevin Sigstad, Reno, Nev.
- Region 12: Connie Fogle, Sugar City, Idaho
- Region 13: Geoff McIntosh, Rancho Mirage, Calif.
At the meeting, Parcell announced his liaisons and the two appointed vice presidents for 2023:
- Margo. E. Wheeler, ABR, CRS, GREEN, PMN, SRES, AHWD, MRP, C2EX, of Tacoma, Wash., Vice President of Association Affairs
- Pete Kopf, AHWD C2EX, of Cincinnati, Vice President of Advocacy