The 2012 Member Profile contains information on member business activity in 2011, member demographics and firm affiliation and business characteristics. Some demographic highlights:
- The latest data shows that 60 percent of members are female, and the typical age of members is 56 years old.
- The median age of NAR members has increased from 52 years in 1999 to 56 years in 2012.
- Forty-eight percent of REALTORS® have a bachelor’s degree or higher.
- The most common prior careers for members was in the management, business, or financial sector or in sales or retail.
- Three-fourths of members report real estate is their only occupation and nine in ten own their own home.
- For more highlights from the Profile, click here.