Well, hello 2023! A new year brings new opportunities. Let’s go!
As the National Association of REALTORS® Association Executives Committee chair this year, I am thrilled to lead, collaborate and serve alongside my AE peers to improve our industry. Less than 10 years ago, I was the local government affairs director for the Birmingham Association of REALTORS®. Now on this amazing journey, I’ve found my home, serving as AE for the Sacramento Association of REALTORS®. As I reflect on this issue’s theme, member retention, I know that it remains a constant challenge for every AE, no matter what season your career is in.
That’s why I’m so excited about this year’s Riding with the Brand campaign, which makes its stop in Sacramento on May 3 for the California Association of REALTORS® Legislative Day. I’m also very excited about President Kenny Parcell’s vision! At the core, it’s an invigorating reminder and showcase of our true value as REALTORS® and as associations—and the impact we have on communities.
There is no one-size-fits-all membership retention plan. But understanding and articulating your value is half the battle.
Here are a few nuggets of inspiration that can guide us on our collective journey:
- Embrace initiatives focused on diversity, equity and inclusion. Our long-term stability will depend on it!
- Reward members. Congratulate them. Remind them of services they get as members. They should always feel as if they can’t afford not to be a member.
- Engage members with surveys. Then, make the bold and necessary changes to address members’ needs. Data is powerful!
- Remember that a personal touch is still an important element.
- Let’s Ride with the Brand in 2023! Embrace who we “R,” and take pride in what we do and the impact we have in our communities.
I hope you enjoy this issue of AExperience. 2023 AEC vice chair Theresa Hatton, RCE, CAE, and I look forward to creating and expanding resources for the AE community as we ride with the brand to continue elevating the value of REALTORS® and our associations.