Flexible Term Health Insurance
Alternative Health Coverage
We understand that this is a difficult time. If you missed 2020 open enrollment and are currently uninsured, the team at REALTORS® Insurance Marketplace is here to assist you with options that exist today, such as Flexible Term Health Insurance. Speak with a licensed benefit representative for a complimentary consultation. See details below about state availability.
Association Health Plans
Who: Flexible Term Health plans (also referred to as Short Term) are major medical plans with a limited coverage period (30 days up to 364 days in a calendar year).
What: Flexible Term Health Insurance is designed to protect you in the event of an unexpected illness or injury. Plans can be extended for up to 36 months*, and are designed to be used to bridge gaps in coverage or as primary coverage for an extended time. Where applicable, family members may be added to plans. See site for product availability.
Benefits and Highlights
- Policies are available for a specific number of days of coverage or you can choose a monthly payment option (30 days to 364 days and beyond).
- Designed to bridge gaps in coverage or as primary coverage for an extended time.
- Typically cheaper than traditional individual major medical plans.
- Approval based on 5-6 eligibility questions.
- Next day coverage is available.
- Freedom to choose any provider (any doctor, hospital, specialty).
This type of coverage is great for those who:
- Don’t have major medical insurance and want coverage quickly.
- Are between jobs or laid-off.
- May be a recent college graduate.
- Need a COBRA insurance alternative.
- Are waiting for other insurance coverage to be approved (underwritten, group coverage).
- Might be a temporary or seasonal employee, or are self-employed.
Flexible Term Health Insurance does not include some of the benefits of traditional plans**. Please consult with SASid, the program administrator, for full limits, restrictions and exclusions, including information on pre-certification requirements.
Eligibility and Availability
- Flexible Term Health Insurance is currently available in AL, AZ, AR, FL, GA, KY, LA, MS, MO, ND, NE, NV, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, WV, WI, WY.
- All active NAR members and REALTOR® Association staff with NRDS IDs in the states above are eligible to apply for coverage.
- Immediate family members (lawful spouse and/or children) may be added to a member’s plan.
How: NAR members who live in states where Flexible Term Health Insurance is available can enroll online or over the phone.
To get started:
- Online: www.realtorsinsurancemarketplace.com/flexibleterm/
- By phone: 1-877-267-3752
Please have your NRDS ID number handy. If you do not know your NRDS number, you may look it up here.
About REALTORS® Insurance Marketplace
Flexible Term Health Plans are available through REALTORS® Insurance Marketplace. The Marketplace features a robust selection of health and supplemental insurance options available to NAR members. Licensed benefits specialists are available to answer questions and help members enroll in plans. Consultative services are complimentary.
Have your 9-digit NRDS number handy. If you do not know your NRDS number, you may look it up here.
Smart And Simple Insurance Development (SASid) is the administrator and developer of REALTORS® Insurance Marketplace. SASid is the long-term and trusted partner responsible for creating and managing NAR’s health insurance and wellness products, including the private Members Health Insurance Exchange, the Members Medicare Exchange, REALTORS® Dental Insurance, REALTORS® Vision Insurance, Members Telehealth, REALTORS® Core Health, Accident Deductible Protection, Pet Health Insurance, and more.
SASid has been a leader and innovator in developing and marketing insurance on the web since 1999, developing technologies and online insurance products for top insurance carriers and nationwide distribution networks. SASid is located in Janesville, Wisconsin.
Program availability and eligibility requirements may vary by partner program. See partner websites for details, terms and conditions.
*Terms, conditions, and limitations apply based on state insurance laws, individual eligibility, and age requirements.
**This plan does not provide benefits for pre-existing conditions, work related conditions, and preventive care. Those with existing health conditions should consult with an independent insurance agent prior to applying for or changing health/medical insurance.