Association Jurisdiction, Name Changes, and Mergers
Association Name & Jurisdiction Changes
- Name Change Procedure for Local Associations of REALTORS® — criteria, procedure, and application to seek an association name change.
- Changing an Association's Jurisdiction — criteria, procedure, and application to seek an association jurisdiction change.
- Merger Kit (PDF: 5.08 MB) — includes valuable information on the various aspects of a merger including benefits, legal and financial considerations, articles and resources from industry experts, and administrative procedures.
- Merger Procedure by Local Associations — administrative instructions and required documentation to assist local associations in processing a request for merger.
- Voluntary Dissolution of a Member Association — information on the process that an association should follow when dissolving.
Association & Chapter Formation
- New Member Association Formation — criteria, procedure, and application for new member association formation.
- Chapter Formation — explanation of a community-based chapter structure.
Contested Jurisdiction Matters
- Contested Application Procedures for New Association Formation and/or Release of Jurisdiction — procedure when the requested territory is presently assigned to another board and the board is unwilling to voluntarily release the territory.
- Association Request for Procedural Review After a Membership Policy and Board Jurisdiction Committee Hearing