Mentoring is the pairing of an individual (mentor) who has expert knowledge or skills with someone (mentee) desiring to gain that knowledge or skills in order to further their educational experience. Mentoring begins when a person strategically affects the educational and professional career of someone else by fostering insight, identifying needed knowledge and expanding the other person’s horizons.
Benefits of Being a Mentor
- Gain personal satisfaction from enriching the mentees’ experience through your experience
- Help develop the mentees’ future role in the real estate industry by personally and professionally supporting their growth
- Exposure to new and different thinking styles, knowledge and perspectives
- Networking opportunities with fellow mentors
The program allows mentors and mentees flexibility to choose the mode of communication that best fit their schedules. However, once both parties are informed about their mentoring-mentee partner:
The mentor-mentee relationship will begin once they’ve met with the program coordinator who will provide instructions
- Each party will work together to discuss and develop expectations, set objectives and complete a formal mentoring agreement
- Dedicate up to 20 hours a month and attend two live educational sessions.
- Agree upon a schedule to interact at least twice a month or whenever the mentee needs to talk to the mentor. The scheduled communication time should be included in the mentoring agreement.
- Provide the Program Coordinator a copy of a signed mentoring agreement above to firstname.lastname@example.org.