Infographic: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
Donwload (1.97MB PNG)
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day is celebrated on the 3rd Monday of January each year and marks the birthday of Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. This holiday is also recognized as a day of service, and is an opportunity to serve your community. Using information from the 2017 Member Profile, this infographic takes a look at how REALTORS® are volunteering in their communities:
- Seventy percent of all REALTORS® volunteer in their community, and the typical REALTOR® who volunteers is 53 years old.
- Sixty-one percent of REALTORS® aged 50 and older volunteer in their community.
- Sixty-five percent of the REALTORS® volunteering are women, and 35 percent are men.
- Fifteen percent of volunteers were fluent in a language other than English.
- REALTORS® who volunteered typically had previous careers in management, business, or financial field were more likely than any other previous career to volunteer (18 percent), and sales or retail (14 percent).
- Among firms, there is encouragement for REALTORS® to volunteer. Eighty percent encourage volunteering in the local community, 43 percent encourage volunteering with their local association, 24 percent encourage volunteering with their state association of REALTORS®, and 18 percent with the National Association of REALTORS®.
- Read the Economists' Outlook blog post "Martin Luther King, Jr. Day 2018.
- Find more information on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day and opportunities to volunteer in your area: nationalservice.gov/mlkday
- For more highlights on REALTORS®, view the 2017 Member Profile and 2017 Firm Profile.