Who is it for?
The Accredited Buyer’s Representative (ABR®) designation is for real estate buyer agents who focus on working directly with buyer-clients at every stage of the home-buying process.
What You Gain
- Valuable real estate education that elevates your skills and knowledge in the eyes of home buyers.
- Ongoing specialized information, programs, and updates that keep you knowledgeable on the issues and trends facing home buyers.
- Access to members-only publications, marketing tools and resources.
- Networking and referrals
How to Earn It
For U.S. REALTORS®
- Complete the two-day core designation course.
- Complete one of the ABR® elective courses.
- Take the course.*
- Take an elective.
- Documentation of five completed transactions in which you acted solely as a buyer representative.
- Membership in good standing in REBAC
- Membership in good standing in the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR).
- Exception: International members of REBAC do not have to be members of NAR.
- For the online course only, pass the ABR® core designation exam with an 80% or better score. The exam is also required by some states for continuing education (CE credit).
- For the online course only, pass the exam for the ABR® elective of your choice with an 80% or better score. The exam is also required by some states for continuing education (CE) credit.
- Submit the designation application along with documentation of five completed transactions.
- Cost of courses
- REBAC Dues
- First year of REBAC membership is free
- Second year is $110, but prorated based on the month you joined REBAC
- $110 per year thereafter
For International REALTORS®
- Membership in good standing in a cooperating association outside the U.S. which is party to a Bilateral Cooperation Agreement with the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR).
- One-time application fee of USD $185 via our payment portal.
Cost/Maintaining Your ABR® Designation
- Once you've earned the ABR® designation, you will also be an International REALTOR® Member of NAR for the balance of that calendar year.
- Maintaining your NAR International REALTOR® membership with one yearly fee of USD $75 will keep all of your NAR designations and certifications active.
- Please note that if your International REALTOR® membership goes inactive, so will your ABR® designation.
Questions? Email us at NARcredentials@nar.realtor
*Course discount available through the REALTOR Benefits® Program.