While individual MLSs are making their own tweaks to their systems, these trends have taken root nationally:
- Virtual tour and showing capabilities have been baked into MLS platforms.
- A higher number of photos per listing enables greater visual representation of a home in lieu of an in-person visit. There’s no uniform number of pictures allowed across MLSs, but many previously allowed 30 to 70 and increased from there.
- Property description fields that allow for a greater character count so pros have more space to explain a home’s features.<
- Online training delivered on platforms such as Zoom.
- Suspension of enforcement for rules stating that a property must be available for showings if it’s in active status and that showings must be conducted in person.